Friday, November 11, 2011

Still bogged down in the medical swamp

    This week was not very fun. Had to have another colonoscopy on Thursday. This of course made Wednesday a real challenge. You would think someone could figure out how to make the preparation fluid more palatable. It is currently like drinking from a toxic waste site. Although I REALLY like the medication that puts me in dreamland during the procedure, I always come out of it weeping and confused. Today I went to my oncologist at 10:30 & because my potassium was so low he needed me to have an immediate intravenous drip of the stuff. This had me finally leaving for home at 4 pm. During the visit with him he did state that I am in remission but because of the on-going problems with my liver & spleen I will need to be checked over on a regular basis for sometime to come. I have this sinking feeling that I will never be free and clear of the medical profession again.
     I am knitting again on a more regular basis. I've finish 2 scarfs and just about done with a pair of socks. Besides Xmas gifts, a friend recently told me she is expecting twins so soft baby yarns are in my future.

No comments: