Friday, June 30, 2006

I never saw a purple cow ...

Now I know that purples of all hues are the favorites of many a knitter. Yes I too have knitted some sweet items in this color. And I am a fan of lupines, passion flowers and lavender. But I have to say that it is not a color that I have associated with libraries.


Yet this last Monday when I walked into my library and found it was now sporting random walls of Barney purple. And folks we are not talking subtle. This is in your face purple. I am now working in a purple fog. True there are a few walls now in tan but they haven’t a chance against the purple.


Our students should have some interesting comments as they come back. I guess it will just take me a while to adjust. And in September when new carpet is installed, my own office will be painted tan. So the library will be in the color of royalty and my office will have a nice bland color, for a bland librarian.


On the knitting front I have been working on a pair of socks in Gryffindor colors, and a baby blanket in pink, blue & white for a co-worker. Tonight I plan to settle in with a nice bottle of wine, a pizza and the 3rd season of Father Ted.

Have a wonderful Fourth – Libraryminion

A royal purple cat bed sound good to me –purlpaw

No comments: