Friday, June 23, 2006

This has been a roller coaster week.

It really started last Saturday.

My Aunt Helen was in town and I was going to join her and my Dad that afternoon. But first I had to go into work so that the librarian on duty could get a lunch break. And since I was going to be free in the morning I would ship off the next surprise to my SP. At least that was the plan. About 9:30 I get a call from the librarian that the security guard would not let her open the library. She was told that the building had been declared closed. So that ended the morning trip to the post office.

The afternoon was a raining mess so we did not leave Dad's place. That meant the surprise package sat in the car.

Sunday was also a no go with the package

Next possibility for mailing was Monday at lunch. But the Saturday closing resulted in a series of complications that changed my lunch plans. Again the surprise package was still in the car.

Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday - a whirlwind of activity that ended up in the new carpet for my library not being installed in the next two weeks but is now postponed till late September. Boo hoo. And of course the package stayed in the car.

Now it's Friday and I must admit defeat. My dear SP will have wait a bit longer. But she will like - eventually.

Take care - Libraryminion

The girl has 3 shipping firms with in 5 miles of both work and home. And she thinks I'm lazy because I nap - purlpaw

No comments: