Monday, August 07, 2006

Feeling Hot - Hot - Melted

Houston weather seems to have settled into 3 categories - unpleasant, uncomfortable, and unbearable. Oh, it looks wonderful from the indoor side of the window. But the moment you step outside your underwear is bonded to your body. This climate does not encourage much activity. So I am going to use it as my excuse for no recent blogs. Okay it is a lame one but it is the one I am sticking with. Besides as I have mentioned in Houston you stick to just about everything.
I have been doing a few things in the realm of SP8. The last week of July I sent off email cards to both my spoiler & my spoilee. I found some neat “virtual vacation” cards so we all could take non-reality trips at our respective work spaces. My wonderful spoiler was quite surprised. From her message she has been leading an interesting (read challenging)life. I also arranged for a years subscription to a knitting magazine for my spoilee. I did a bit of research and found one that promises regular bonus gifts through out the year. I just got the email saying that my spoilee has received her announcement from the magazine about the subscription. I am also collecting goodies for the grand finale. Since the package has to travel across the pond I need to mail it out soon.
I finally finished the Harry Potter socks. I also knitted up a small draw string bag to put some extra yarn in. I just have to print out the sock sleeve and turn it over. The baby blanket has hit a speed bump. Heck, it has fallen and can’t get up.
Hope everyone has a good week.
Libraryminion

No comments: