Thursday, July 26, 2007

It came from far far away . . .

My swap-bot package from Singapore arrived!

The napkins have a very cute bunny busts (statues) on them. I was very tempted to brew up the tea right away. But now I plan to consider it a reward to be looked forward to after a hard task or bad day. With that plan I may have some tonight. I spent a good part of the morning in the dentist chair. My jaw is sore but I have a shinny new crown in my mouth.

I have decided to sign up for Secret Pal 11. I hope this time I have better luck in a match. The person who was to send me goodies when I was in SP8 sent me a few emails and one package and then disappeared. After some digging I believe I found her blog. The last entry on it announced: “I am a rubbish blogger, I am sending myself of to blogcamp to try and rectify this. I may be a while.” Nothing on the blog stated that she had mailed out a last package. Ah well, I had great fun sending off surprises, so I have said I would be willing to be an angel if needed for SP11.

I am also making plans for some fun in August. I am going to attend a science fiction event in Austin, Armadillo Con. Some good friends are going to be there along with a few of my favorite authors. I also plan to go to a "Stitch & Pitch” at a Houston Astros game. Summer fun here I come.

Take care & keep cool.

No comments: