Thursday, August 02, 2007

Life rolls on

I'm part of the gang! Just got my confirmation for Secret Pal 11!
No assigned pal yet, but I am browsing through the participant list. Looks like a lively group.

This weekend I will be keeping my eye out for nifty stuff to send off.

My main mission Saturday is to get material for making 10 stitch makers for a swap-bot group I'm in. I think I will track down some luck charms. Four leaf clovers, horseshoes, and the like. I figure every knitter needs a little extra luck now & again. Maybe a Las Vegas theme?

I was very sad to read about Tom Synder's death. He was always one of my favorites. Not only for his TV shows, but his call in radio show too. I especially enjoyed his stories about his Mom. I think I'll mix up a colortini this weekend.

On the needles right now are Horcrux socks in red & gold. I'm doing them toes up. The yarn is a wool/alpaca blend. They are definitely winter socks.

No comments: