Thursday, January 17, 2008

Come one come all !


Tuesday was the day for various student clubs to push for membership. I was given a table to promote the quarterly Book Club. The selection this quarter is "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep" by Philip Dick. The thought being that with the popularity of the Blade Runner movie, a few students might want to give the book a chance. After 2 hours I felt like Charlie Brown on Halloween. Other clubs has signed up lots of student, but I only got 3 names and one did not count because it was a staff member. At least it wasn't a total bomb. I brought along my knitting and got a few inches done on a new sock. (Can you spot the yarn behind the candy dish?) I also took advantage of having my needles in my hands and hawked the club to passing students by telling them to check out the dangerous books and pointy sticks.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Friendly Flamingo said...

Mmmm... lollies ;o)