Sunday, June 03, 2012

On the needles

Currently I have 2 knitting projects in the works.
The first is a pair of socks out of Lion Brand Sock-Ease in the Sour Ball colorway. I am using the magic loop technique with square Kollage circular needles(US 1 - 2.25 mm). The cuff is a 2x2 rib and straight knitting for the body. I choose the round heel and star toe option. Unfortunately I believe I will have to finish the second sock with the Green Apple colorway. This is because the first sock grew a bit too long in the leg. I have finished the first sock but am taking a break on starting the second sock.
The second project is my warm up for the lace shawl I want to do this year. It is the Boneyard shawl by Stephen West. I am using US 6 circular needles. The yarn is Baby Bee Sweet Delight Baby in the pink Princess colorway. It is basically straight knit & purl with 4 yarn overs (YO) every other row.
So far it has been an easy project although I have messed up a few times on edges. Ah well, it now has character.

No comments: