Saturday, June 02, 2012

Sheet music and knitting stiches

 I have been volunteering at Houston Public Library. I am helping to convert the sheet music collection from the card catalog records to a digitized format. This means first entering the card catalog record to a spread sheet and then checking the actual sheet music to see if the records & the sheet music matches and to discover what is missing or not currently in the catalog. It has been very interesting in the range of music. Classics to disco, dating from the 1880s to the 1990s. Since I have to check each item physically I get to see the cover illustrations.
One that really got my attention was "The Knitting Song" It is all about knitting to help soldiers in WWI.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Megan said...

How much fun! wish I had that knitting song album - do you get to listen to them as well? you know to make sure they are in working order? Really enjoyed visiting with your Dad - such a nice man!!!