Saturday, May 20, 2006




BUSY PAWS ARE HAPPY PAWS
Have you discovered my new co-hostess. She is just off to the right and slightly below this entry.
My wonderful Secret Pal arranged to have this sweet girl sent my way. This is beginning to look like a real blog.

And in that spirit - I'm going to try to have my own little show and tell. A certain person asked what I have been up to - knitwise.

So here goes:

SOCKS
I do keep churning them out. Unfortunately some have developed size issues, so I don't wear them too often.
But that just makes them more eligible for permanent display. I got this basket when I visited Branson, Mo last year.

Just to the right of the basket are 2 pairs of slippers. These are thank you gifts for some co-workers,

SCARVES
The college I work at teaches the culinary arts and to aid that there is a small kitchen garden. It is taken care of by the students and has herbs as well as vegetables. I have tried to help fund the effort. This quarter I have been knitting up some scarves I will sell off to our faculty and staff.* The one problem I have is how to price them.


WASHCLOTHS
I was the lucky recipient of a mini stash of cotton yarn. I decided to put it to use in whipping up some washcloths (sometimes called facecloths). Since they get softer with every use - they have become a popular gift. I usually combine the cloth with a bar of handmade soap. On the second picture the blue & white items are another pair of slippers.



OTHER PROJECTS
Here are some of my bigger experiment. A striped bag, blue shouderette shrug, and a fuzzy triangle shawl made with Allure yarn.


Hope you liked the show. Have a great weekend. Libraryminion

*All that effort - you would think a few catnip mice wouldn't have been too much trouble - purlpaw

No comments: