Wednesday, May 10, 2006


GREED IS GOOD
It’s adventure time. I am venturing into the exciting world of Secret Pals. I mean to have the full blogging experience, so I have signed up for a knitters secret pals group.
Today I am posting the questionnaire. The reason being (and I quote), “By filling this out you will help your pal get to know your likes and dislikes a little better.” But fear not gentle readers you will not be getting too much information. I will be maintaining a solid G rating.
So here we go ----
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I don’t really have a favorite brand or type. I am very fond of anything soft. I am not a fan of anything twine like.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I use a very large lidded plastic bin. The smaller needles(dpns) and crochet hooks are keep in a recycled Hershey’s soft caramels tin.

3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
Serious knitting started about six years ago. I would place myself on an intermediate level.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
No.

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Vanilla &/or lavender.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Big time. Caramels and soft peppermints.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I crochet, and have tried my hand at beading some stitch markers. I do not spin or dye.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
Soft jazz, soundtracks. Lately I have been getting my music fix through podcasts. My computer can play MP3s.

9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
I really like blues and yellows.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Just me and my very demanding Abyssinian cat, Katrina.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Three out of four – Houston is not a mitten friendly city.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I am on a sock kick, but hats and slippers are frequent projects.

13. What are you knitting right now?
A pair of socks using the Equailateral sock pattern from Joslyn's Fiber Farm.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Yes.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
DPNs (bamboo) for socks and circulars for most other projects.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
No.

17. How did you learn to knit?
I am told my mother & Grandmother tried to teach me when I was small, but it only really sank in about six years ago. I used books and one knitting class.

18. How old is your oldest UFO?
Five years old. An horrible square throw.

19. What is your favorite holiday?
I am a fan of anything that will get me a day off work.

20. Is there anything that you collect?
I’m a push over for most things Disney.

21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
The new book “One Skein”. I only pick up an occasional magazine.

22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Knitting socks on circular needles.

23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Bring on the double points! I have a shoe size of 8, and most women
medium sock patterns fit.

24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) May 3rd.

Well now that wasn’t too bad. And it is very easy to scroll through if bored.

With my next entry I hope to be adding some photos, if I can figure out the digital camera.
Take care, Libraryminion

P.S. Looks like I’ll be getting some new packing toys to play with. I love the way the styrofoam peanuts squeak – purlpaw

No comments: