Saturday, May 13, 2006

Sweet And Sour Saturday

I have had a very different kind of day. I enjoyed having Saturday off from work but unfortunately I had to attend a funeral.

This last week one of the faculty suddenly passed away. We were told that he had a heart attack in his sleep. This has been very hard on everyone, since it was quite unexpected and the instructor was well liked by both the students and the staff.

I am glad I went but it was very hard. I lost my mother just 2 years ago and this Sunday being Mother's Day has added to the feelings of sadness.

After the service, I was determined to keep busy. I did in fact have a project to focus on. I am trying to master a digital camera.* First thing I had to do was get through all the instructions. I then grited my teeth and started the process of uploading programs followed by downloading images.

In choosing my first subject I went with an inanimate one. The socks I am currently working on. They are a pattern called equilateral socks, from Joslyn Fiber Farm. It was from their sock of the month club, I believe it was the March 2006 selection.
Here's the picture . . .(I hope)


I'm not sure of the name of the yarn, but it has a wonderful feel to it. A very soft wooly quality. In fact it got a multi-sniff approval from the cat of cats. (get ready for the 2nd picture.)


The other bright spot of the day was a double blast from Secret Pal 8. I not only got my match, but heard from the sweet soul who got me.
Take care - Libraryminion
*Should have been mastering the vacumn cleaner - purlpaw

No comments: